Thursday, January 14, 2010

BIG steps!

Well, Riley shocked us all yesterday and walked halfway across his room. All evening I was trying to "encourage" him to walk using little snacks, and he would take 3-4 steps and then lunge for me. So when we went upstairs to get ready for a bath, he was playing by the window with some stuffed animals, and I was across the room by his closet. I turned on the tickle me elmo, and he turned and looked, and then walked halfway to us like it was nothing. It was the first time that he's initiated walking without us encouraging him, and the first time he had chose walking over crawling when he was trying to get somewhere. I guess we're really in trouble now...

2 comments:

  1. Uh oh... here comes trouble!!! (I was actually looking for a "like" button but remembered I wasn't on facebook!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we got it on video, but I'm so glad chris and i were there to see him!! we've been around for alot of his milestones- rolling over (almost), sitting from crawling, and now walking! love being so close to you guys!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete